- Photojojo » Unsharp Mask: How Do You Actually Use That Thing?
- Selling to Big Companies Blog: 3 Hard-Earned Sales Lessons from the School of Hard Knocks
- SuperMegaUltraGroovy » Blog Archive » The Road to TapeDeck 1.0
- How Many Five Year Olds Could You Take in a Fight?
- Emily Gould – Exposed – Blog-Post Confidential – Gawker – NYTimes.com
- Bootstrap Austin Blog: Bootstrapping & Your Back-Office – Right Action Right Time
Monthly Archive for May, 2008
- A List Apart: Articles: Why Did You Hire Me?
- A List Apart: Articles: The Cure for Content-Delay Syndrome
- 10 Private Islands You Can’t Afford to Live On: Amazing, Exotic and Remote Luxury Retreats | WebUrbanist
- 5 Tips for E-mailing Busy People | The Blog of Author Tim Ferriss
- Coding Horror: PHP Sucks, But It Doesn’t Matter
- austinpreneur: Austin blogs the mostest
yes, you all should move to Austin.
- Bandy Humor | Web’s Best Photo Humor
- CBS Launching New College Sports Ad Net; Pulls Remnants
this only makes sense… and I bet we’ll see more vertical ad networks formed to create higher CPMs than the remnant RON rates that the big networks offer
- Organizing Your Workspace – The David Allen Company
- Human Resources
- Boss School
- The Perils of Founderitis
- RAW vs JPEG – Michael Mistretta
- Down for everyone or just me?
This music video choreographed to match up with everything the user is doing on a Mac is wicked cool.
- The Source Hot Sauce: Napalm in a bottle | StuffGeeksWant
- AppleCare Support Phone Number
37% of my traffic from Google comes to this page.
Why do we undervalue teachers so much?
A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops.
-by Henry Adams
- How I got my current favorite mentor » Brazen Careerist by Penelope Trunk
- Seth’s Blog: The new standard for meetings and conferences
"I’ve worked in three companies that had lots of people and lots of cubes, and I spent the entire day walking around. I figured that was my job. The days where I sat down and did what looked like work were my least effective days. It’s hard for me to see
- 13 free CMS options for Web Design Professionals Reviewed
really nice list.
- austinpreneur: Precisely wrong
- not martha – bacon cups
totally cool… sort of revolting, but super fun
I love this:
And the funny thing is I know the guy being made fun of pretty well. I’d never have agreed to do this interview if I were him…
- Five Basics for Building a Solid Financial Future – New York Times
- Federated Media Company Profile
- Breaking: Condé Nast/Wired Acquires Ars Technica
awesome… totally awesome.
- Spit and polish for a Seattle icon |
- 25 Beautifully Colorful Websites – Part 2 | Vandelay Website Design
- Top reasons your CSS columns are messed up – Warpspire
- A Letter to My Son, on Starting Out In Life | Zen Habits
- The 64 Manliest Movies To Date | Campus Squeeze
- Rob Across America
- 20 More Free First-Class WordPress Themes | Developer’s Toolbox | Smashing Magazine
- How to create a WordPress theme: A guide for the design-challenged non-geek | Leon Kilat ::: The Cybercafe Experiments
- DIY Solid State Disk: SSD on the cheap(er) | StuffGeeksWant
Totally cool… not that I’m doing it, but cool nonetheless.
- Creative Vado Camcorder: You’ll flip over this | StuffGeeksWant
I really want a Flip or a Vado, but I can’t help will they end up being like the bluetooth headset I never use that I spent too much money on?
- 18 Adsense Optimized WordPress Themes to Maximize your Contextual Ad Earnings
- Spross & Associates, PLLC
best startup lawyer in Austin, Texas… if you’re starting a company, you need Brian.
- MediaPost Publications – Digital City Limits: Austin Found No. 1 In New Media Penetration – 05/14/2008
It’s nice to live in Austin… and probably a good place to build a digital media company.
- Twelve Top Personal Finance Podcasts ∞ Get Rich Slowly
- 20 Useful Tools to Make Web Development More Efficient | Six Revisions
- How You Can Use WordPress Functions to Run a Smarter Blog — Pearsonified
- 10 Items You Think Make You Cool, But Don’t
funny, the iPhone is upside down in the photo of the dude using the iPhone
- Janicek.com – Best Mac ad that I’ve seen to date
funny… totally funny
- Yahoo! Your paycheck stub may hold secrets to saving money
- The Big Picture | The NonGuidebook Version of What to Do (and Not Do) in NYC
- Clips: Top Ten Angry On-Camera Meltdowns
- 5 Tools for Keyword Brainstorming
- Can U Read Kant? – WSJ.com
- Google Doctype – Google Code
- 100 Must-Read Books: The Essential Man’s Library | The Art of Manliness
- Five Foods That Cause Anal Leakage : DivineCaroline
I just thought the title was funny
- the corporation – Google Video
- Google Search To Surpass Size of Microsoft Windows in 2009 – Silicon Alley Insider
- You don’t create a culture – (37signals)
- The only 7 investments you need – A blue-chip U.S.-stock fund (1) – CNNMoney.com
- Lies We Tell Kids
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Internet Users at The CreateDebate Blog
- Marketing on a Startup Budget: 101 Free Offers and Coupons to Advertise Your New Site – Inside CRM
- Weblog Tools Videos: John Pozadzides: 45 Ways to Power Up Your Blog (Woopra Launch)
- Fifty Habits of Highly Successful People – Stepcase Lifehack
- 60 Photography Links You Can’t Live Without at CameraPorn
- Weblog Tools Collection » Blog Archive » 15 Websites and,or Services I’d Actually Pay For
I don’t know about the rest of you, but if you’re a blogger, you’re likely getting spammed by PR agencies. I know I am…
And so, in celebration of that fact, and hopefully, so I can make some money off the spam I receive, while also letting everyone know what the latest stupid Press Release I got was, I’m unveiling:
Yep. It’s stupid, but simple…
And hopefully I’ll continue to get PR spam from stupid PR companies that aren’t paying attention to how they got my damned email address…
- crawlspace|media » Blog Archive » The Problem With Microsoft…
- Applepeels: The maturity of the Apple platform
- My 2 Cents on CEO Pay – Blog Maverick
- Servers are too fast! – Ask Bjørn Hansen
I didn’t know Ask was part of Soflow… cool
- Spielberg on Inside The Actor’s Studio at Binary Bonsai
- Why There Aren’t More Googles
- A VC: Paul Graham Tackles Two Issues In One Post
- A VC: Ten Questions About Entrepreneurs
- A VC: As Usual Google Is The King Dog
- Money and Control (Aaron Swartz’s Raw Thought)
- A VC: A Lot Has Changed In A Century, But Not Everything
- A VC: Xobni is Inbox Spelled Backwards
- Mac Mini Media Centre / journal / hicksdesign
- Seth’s Blog: First, do no harm
"The best way to keep your bank from getting robbed is to not open a bank."
- Seth’s Blog: Silly Traffic
"75% of all unfocused visitors leave within three seconds."
- A VC: From Messes To Successes
- Fearless: Where is the money in webmail?
- Newbie Guide | NickyCakes.com
- 24/7 Wall St.: NY Times Writes Apple (AAPL) Will Wreck RIM (RIMM)
- How to Change the World: The Art of the Introduction
- Seth’s Blog: Nearly infinite
- Broadband: other countries do it better, but how?
please, please get real broadband into the US faster.
- The future of PHP (v6)
This is why I love Dreamhost. They currently support PHP4 and PHP5, together, on the same website… and it taked one click of a button for me to change from one to the other. I’m sure they’ll do the same with PHP6.
- Unclutterer » Archive » How to digitally encode VHS home movies
- TidBITS Blog Post: Time Machine Exposed!
- tms [fernLightning]
- Featured Windows Download: DExposE2 Like Mac Expose but Better
- The Evolution of the Press Release
- Official Gmail Blog: How to find any email with Gmail search
- Seth’s Blog: Self promotion
- Seth’s Blog: The first rule of b2b selling
If it gets to the RFP stage, you lost.
- SimpleBits ~ Hack’d
- Keep More Cash: Clear Those Financial Hurdles | Advice and Know-How | Reader’s Digest
- Jaikoo Poor mans CDN
- Seth’s Blog: What do you know?
- ‘My daughter deserved to die for falling in love’ | World news | The Observer
- Five Tools Everyone Working Online Should Have (IMHO) – ReadWriteWeb
I need a real start page again.
- » 8 fonts you probably don’t use in css, but should – Web Design Marketing Podcast & Blog
- WebUrbanist » 5 Great Examples of Guerilla Marketing Gone Wrong: Olympic Belly-Flops to the Boston Bomb Scare
- How To: Make an HTML Email Signature For Apple Mail
fucking sweet… if you like HTML mail that is. I still use plain-text mail all the time for some reason.
- Dad died saving his little girl :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Chicago Crime
this is so sad…
- How to Create Invisible Shelves – wikiHow
- The day the music died [dive into mark]
- Inter-Sections » Blog Archive » 13 Tips for creating a successful new online product
- Coming Soon To The Endangered Species List: Online Ad Sales Teams?
- Storm Troopin’ – a set on Flickr
- 7 Keys to DIY Graphic Design on No Budget
- Code on the Road: Laid off? The one thing you absolutely need to do on the first day
- What a Botnet Looks Like – CSO Online – Security and Risk
- Camera Hacks: Turn Your Point-and-Shoot into a Super-Camera
- 101 Blog Websites You Need to Visit | General Marketing Blog
- How to Deliver Effective Presentations – wikiHow
- 7 Things You Must Do in an Interview
I wonder how many Yahoos are reading this?
- Product Leadership :: Adam Kalsey
- Koloroo – Interactive Color Scheme Software for iPod, Windows Mobile, PC, Mac OS X, and iPhone
- GoDaddy May Domain Renewal Discount Code And Web Hosting Suggestions at Andrew Wee | Blogging | Affiliate Marketing | Social Traffic Generation | Internet Marketing
- Seth’s Blog: Four words
Make big promises; overdeliver.
- HOWTO make a coatrack out of a baby doll – Boing Boing
- 53 Killer Photoshop Illustrator Effects and Tutorials
- gapingvoid: "cartoons drawn on the back of business cards": moleskine 38
"message to folk making low six-figures: you do not run things … whatever your bosses may tell you." ’nuff said.
- let’s move to austin
- Moleskine Notebooks: The Ultimate Guide (and how to rank your addiction) | Put Things Off
- All of Inflation’s Little Parts – The New York Times
- 11 "Don’t-Tell-the-Wife" Secrets All Men Keep
- 1950s – 1970s Advertising – a set on Flickr
- You Might Be An Anti-Spam Kook If…
- James Fallows on GTD apps | 43 Folders
- Hivelogic – Regarding Backups
- Why Digg, Sphinn & StumbleUpon are in Trouble, and How They Can Survive | Search Engine Marketing Thoughts – Blogation
- Bike wheel consisting of spokes with shoes on the end – Boing Boing