[ viagra propranolol | alternate uses for viagra | cialis prices | canada online pharmacy viagra | pizer india viagra side effects | women use viagra | herbal vigor | low cost canadian viagra | viagra gel | soft cialis | order viagra 1 | purchase cialis cheap | viagra information | cheap viagra uk | brand viagra without prescription buy | viagra online without a prescription | soft gel viagra tablets | viagra online 50mgs | viagra and lisinopril | how does viagra work | female viagra | how to get cialis | where to get viagra cheap | generic viagra india | viagra cream | viagra canada generic | how to get cialis in canada | viagra how much | where can i buy real viagra | best price for generic viagra | buy viagra online cheap | buy real cialis | cost of viagra | viagra facts uk | getting viagra | h h order script viagra | viagra canadian pharmacy dosage | express viagra delivery | viagra from canada | viagra picture | viagra prescription online | cialis generic levitra viagra | viagra report | viagra canadian | viagra online 50mgs | viagra overnite | cialis overnight | recreational viagra | buy viagra prescription online | generic viagra | buy viagra in canada no prescription | internet viagra pharmacy | viagra prescription drug | cialis on sale ]
Monthly Archive for April, 2008
- WP Affiliate Pro
Affiliate Marketing Tracking Software for WordPress
- Prosper202 Self Hosted Apps
great ppc tracking software you host on your own server
- Using Content to get Traffic | John Cow dot Com
- Affiliate Marketing Is Dirty
- Why we are the biggest obstacles to our own growth
- Everything I know about women . . . – Times Online
- Top 50 Advertisers by Media Value in February, 2008 – ClickZ
- Blog Design – Does it Matter?
- How to Build Your Blog’s Readership
- charles hugh smith-Want to Know When Housing Has Bottomed? Here’s How
Can real estate decline in value? Yes. At what point does it make sense to buy real estate as an investment which bests other business opportunities? When it makes a profit on day one, after all expenses, not just mortgage/property tax/insurance. And what
- Daddy’s Home by Tony Rubino and Gary Markstein on Creators.com – A Syndicate Of Talent
- Tinfinger: Just to say I blogged this month
- marketing vs. advertising vs. pr vs. branding
- AdWords Domain Aliasing Can Cause Duplicate Content Issues
- Domains, URLs, and SEO Gotchas
- DigitalHobbit » Blog Archive » On Leaving Google
- A VC: The Difference Between WordPress and Facebook
interesting… had no idea wordpress.com was that popular.
- Ask the VC: Do I need a team to raise venture capital? (Tech Confidential – VC Ratings)
- The secret to making money online – (37signals)
great speech for startup developers (or anyone starting a business probably)
- Be Good
- Defying Google as a Business Model – Do You Follow? | John Chow dot Com
- Switched To Google Ad Manager – ShoeMoney®
- PayPal to fight phishers by blocking old browsers
Thank god. Pretty interesting business decision too. This alone makes me a big fan of Paypal again.
- Textism: Please stop doing this
- stevenf.com – Axiotron Modbook Review
- Want Subscribers to Confirm? Get Creative! – Email Marketing Tips on the AWeber Blog
I use LinkedIn to advertise open positions in my company, but, I do it for free, instead of paying for them (we also use Craigslist and the University of Texas Access website for former graduates, since we’re in Austin). All of these options are free. Craigslist and UT Access are great sources of candidates. LinkedIn can be a good source for mid-senior level candidates, but more importantly, it’s a way of advertising your company’s growth or success to your peers, colleagues and associates. When people see your job ad, they usually think something like “Great, John’s company is hiring and growing… that’s awesome!” Posting a job on LinkedIn also gets me back in touch with people I haven’t had a chance or need to talk to in a while, which is an added bonus… as a sales person, there are reasons to talk to people that might be able to bring me business or vice-versa, but I might not be as good at keeping in touch as I should be all the time.
LinkedIn redesigned their website sometime in the past 6 months, and I found myself needing to post a job listing to send to my connections on LinkedIn last week. The old design made it easy to find with a “don’t want to pay now, send your job listing to your connections” call to action ad on the job posting page. With the new design I couldn’t for the life of me figure out how to post a job listing for free. So this quick guide is for all of you looking to send a free job posting on LinkedIn to your connections:
1. Login to your account.
2. In the menubar at the top click on “jobs -> post a job”. This takes to you the “Compose a job” section of the “Hiring and Recruiting” section of LinkedIn.
3. Then “compose” the job you want listed.
4. Click “Save Draft” or “Next” it doesn’t matter* (hitting “Next” will save your job posting as a draft)
*I’m assuming it doesn’t matter, you just have to then make sure you don’t actually pay for the job posting on the next page if you click “Next”
5. Click on the “Manage Jobs” tab in the “Hiring and Recruiting” section (you should be there still)
6. On the right, click on “Distribute” next to the job you just posted as a draft.
7. From there, just select your connections and send the posting. Note: You are limited to a certain number of connections, so if you have more than that limit that you want to send the job to, you might have to do these last two steps (6 and 7) a couple of times to get your job sent out to all of your connections.
One note: if you have a lot of connections that aren’t in the same city as you’re hiring, and the job requires living in that city, or relocating… make sure you note that in your job posting. There’s nothing like having to disqualify the high-quality resumes you’ll get from LInkedIn because you didn’t take time to add that piece of information to the job posting.
Hope that helps. Good luck finding the right candidate through LinkedIn.
And yes, we’re hiring a Marketing Manager at my company: UnsubCentral. If you’re interested, or know someone in Austin that might be, contact us through this Craiglist posting, or my LinkedIn profile, if we’re connected.
- You Don’t Need Unique Content | Blogging With David
links are more important than content for google rank
- How to Make US Broadband Competitive – Quickly and Cheaply – Blog Maverick
- Apple, Dell big market share winners for the first quarter
Dell and Apple were the two big winners this quarter; Dell’s sales grew by 21.8 percent worldwide, while Apple sales rose by 32.5 percent in the US.
Blatantly stolen from the internet:
#11. Those who have it would be devastated if it was ever cut off.
#10. Those who have it think that those who don’t are somehow inferior.
#9. Those who don’t have it may agree that it’s neat, but think it’s not worth the fuss that those who have it make about it.
#8. Many of those who don’t have it would like to try it, a phenomenon psychologists call E-mail Envy.
#7. It’s more fun when it’s up, but this makes it hard to get any real work done.
#6. In the distant past, its only purpose was to transmit information vital to the survival of the species. Some people still think that’s the only thing it should be used for, but most folks today use it mostly for fun.
#5. If you don’t take proper precautions, it can spread viruses.
#4. If you use it too much you’ll find it becomes more and more difficult to think coherently.
#3. We attach an importance to it that is far greater than its actual size and influence warrant.
#2. If you’re not careful what you do with it, it can get you into a lot of trouble.
AND THE NUMBER ONE REASON WHY E-MAIL IS LIKE HAVING A PENIS:
#1. If you play with it too much, you can go blind.
- austinpreneur: Save paper, stop getting phone books
- Password Protect Your Website – Password Robot
- 5 htaccess Tricks Every Webmaster Should Know
- Free Ruler for Mac OS X
This isn’t my whole schedule for AdTech, but it is my plan for the conference sponsored things:
I’ll also be working our booth on the trade show floor. Look for me, if you’re there.
This is really cute:
I can’t believe a little girl that’s only 2 years and 8 months old can sing The Lord’s Prayer from start to finish so well. Just adorable.
- A VC: Scars From The Last Bubble
- A little bit of Mark…: A truth about truth
- Man installing satellite TV kills wife – Boing Boing
- Time Management: Randy Pausch’s Time Management Tricks
- "Worst. President. Ever."
- Analysis: Google App Engine alluring, will be hard to escape
- AOL’s Platform-A Makes Its Pitch To Small Publishers With Advertising.com PubAccess Service
move over google and yahoo… AOL wants a piece of the small publisher’s ad inventory too
- Feature: Top 10 Ways to Trick Out Your Desktop
- Competition unable to take a big bite out of Apple’s iTunes
- 50 Ways Your Web Site Is Discouraging Conversions — and How to Fix It – Inside CRM
- Maildrop for Salesforce.com
super easy way to add email from Mail.app and Entourage to Salesforce.com
- StuffGeeksWant – SanDisk Ultra II SD Plus: Are you kidding me?
these SD cards with build in USB are pretty awesome
- 404 Notifier 1.2 | alexking.org
- Comment License 1.2 | alexking.org
- Delink Comment Author 1.2 | alexking.org
- Shortcut Macros 1.2 | alexking.org
- WP Mobile Edition 2.1 | alexking.org
- Seth’s Blog: Getting vs. Taking
- The business of parenting (kottke.org)
- Dangers of a giant national database — article from 1967 was eerily prescient – Boing Boing
- My Time Capsule Experience Thus Far | NSLog();
- Google Website Optimizer Webinar: What Should I Test?
- Free bulk-scanning, OCR and web-publishing service launched by Scribd – Boing Boing
- Remiel: Netflix Says They’re Sorry
- What did Da Vinci look like? – Boing Boing
- cabel.name: Coda Confidential
- I’m F*cking Obama – CollegeHumor video
- How to Get Rich in Three Simple Steps at BudgetLog.com
My wife was trying to print something the other night, and she was complaining that the printer was broken. I figured out what the problem was for me, so I’m posting this in case others have the same sort of problem (the answers I found on the web weren’t all that readable, and I spent a good ten minutes reading bits and pieces of answers to piece them all together).
So, I trudged down to the office to check it out, and sure enough, it wasn’t printing.
It was giving me an odd error that I wasn’t used to… and said something to the effect of:
Error 5100: Please turn the power off on this unit and turn it back on, and if you still have problems consult the User Manual.
So, I turned it off, and then back on again, and tried to print. Same error.
So, off to Google I went (we got this printer three years ago, and I couldn’t begin to tell you where the user manual is).
I searched Google for canon pixima 1600 error 5100
And I read this results page, which looked helpful:
And another results page that took me to a Yahoo! Answers page, which was only midly helpful.
Long story short, something was likely wrong with the printer carriage bar… or something was jammed that was causing the print head to not advance all the way across the bar like it should.
I totally believed that, knowing that I have a 3 year old that is most-likely playing with the printer from time to time when we aren’t looking.
So, I opened up the front cover, and sure enough, the print cartridges weren’t seated well, and one of them was hitting the underside of the cover about three-quarters of the way across.
So, I re-seated all of them, and then turned the printer off and on again, and did a nozzle-check print test. It printed fine. So, back to the computer to resume the print job, and viola… no more printer error.
On those other results pages, they mention things like “cleaning the carriage bar” or “checking for stuff jammed in the printer” so, if reseating your printer cartridges doesn’t work, keep looking for things that would cause the printing head carriage (the thing the print cartridges sit in) to not function properly.
- Lessons of YCombinator: Things I’d do differently after 2 startups « FoundRead
- Google Announces Offline Docs | FastCompany.TV
totally cool.. gonna have to try this later this week.
- StuffGeeksWant – AlphaGrip: All your keyboard are belong to us.
this thing is totally sick. love it.
- TripIt | Organize your travel
- WordPress › Blog » WordPress 2.5
- How to Disagree
- Hivelogic: Offices and The Creativity Zone
- Learn How To Shave With A Straight Razor – Instructables – DIY, How To, life, home
note: I used to shave with a straight razor… I use a gillette now.
- Legal Fees: How to minimize or rid the expense and list of free legal agreement templates | Indie Startups
- Seth’s Blog: Where to find great ideas and arresting images (for free)
- Do Bar Tricks – Wired How-To Wiki