- Quick Look Folder and Zip plugins – The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW)
- Tips for Safari 3 | Safari, Terminal | Mac OS X
- Terminal Commands for Hidden Settings in Leopard |
Monthly Archive for November, 2007
This may look funny, but, I need to save it somewhere. It’s the process for forwarding your phone to your cell (or any other off premises phone) from our office VOIP phone system.
How to forward your phone:
9 + number
To deactivate call-forwarding:
Totally intuitive, wouldn’t you agree?
- How to Keep Your Job and Be a Part Time Photographer | Make Money Selling Your Photos
- Glenn Wolsey : Blog Archive : Uncut Guide To RAM For Macs
- iTunes 7.5 and iPhone 1.1.2 return custom ringtones – The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW)
- Rands In Repose: The Nerd Handbook
I got an interesting error message today after trying to use Time Machine for the first time:
click for full size image
“Unable to complete backup. An error occurred while copying files to the backup volume.”
Thanks Apple. That fucking useful…
Why didn’t the error message just say:
“Sorry, something went wrong.”
How about telling what went wrong and how I can fix it?
The help documents for Time Machine are pretty worthless too. ugh… trying again, I guess.
update: looks like searching ‘/var/log/system.log’ for “backupd” with Console.app will get you the error messages that are causing Time Machine to fail. I just found this string “Nov 11 18:35:25 Macintosh-4 /System/Library/CoreServices/backupd: MDBackupIndexFile returned -1134 for: /Applications/Address Book Exporter.app/Contents/Info.plist, /Volumes/Terra/Backups.backupdb/John Engler’s Computer/2007-11-11-092541.inProgress/3B403D2E-A7F8-40F2-8552-C8FC6E608AF7/Intelligence/Applications/Address Book Exporter.app/Contents/Info.plist” in my log file. So, I’m deleting Address Book Exporter from the Applications folder now. Will try again… thanks to this post in Apple’s Discussion forums for the pointers.
- 10 projects every php developer should use – Webdigity webmaster forums
- The Shape of Days: Pretty darned close to perfection
- How to Give Up Coffee and Caffeine Altogether – Dumb Little Man
- Let Your Customers Pay with Credit Cards » Small Business Trends | small business experts
If I haven’t said it before:
If you don’t have an HDTV yet, get one. Seriously.
- The 7 Habits of Highly Successful Fathers at Ririan Project
- After Succeeding, Young Tycoons Try, Try Again – New York Times
wanna be stupid rich? need some motivation? read this
- Why men and women argue differently – Times Online
yep = men are assholes, and women are pussies.
- Businesspundit: The Introvert’s Guide To Selling
I’ve always said … "Everyone is a salesperson, and you can tell the good ones from the bad."
- The Marble of Doom
love it – enter the amount of time you’ve waited on the beachball
- Seth’s Blog: "I can’t afford it"