- Houston icon Marvin Zindler dies at 85 – Houston Business Journal:
- due to "slime in the ice machine" … actually, this is really sad. he’ll be missed.
- An Honest Look at Django « we are symple.
- Why the “You Dont Need a Business Plan” meme is Crazy Talk | Charles Hudson’s Weblog
Monthly Archive for July, 2007
- USB patch released. HALLELUJAH! | Apple TV Hacks
Hack your AppleTV to support an external USB drive for more storage space… I’m so doing this tonight
subscribe to their RSS feed, find great Mac shareware apps as a slight discount every day … great advertising play for those app developers.
- Michael Gartenberg – Is the iPhone a Success or Flop?
"Selling 146,000 of anything at a $600 price tag that also requires a hefty monthly service fee and perhaps a change in network is impressive IMHO"
- How to Use a Bidet – wikiHow
I never knew…
- How to Avoid Common Hygiene Mistakes – wikiHow
I love this line: "If you immediately return after farting, the smell will follow you due to the slipstream." LOL
- iPhone v. BlackBerry: Side By Side, Two Week Comparison
- Mac 101: Reset your Mac OS X password – The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW)
- Real Men Love the Fifth Element
"I am a meat popsicle" – Love it!
- Humanized > Weblog: iPhone and the First Generation Woes
- 10 tips to being a better IT manager: Insight – Business – ZDNet Australia
Spotted in an IM conversation tonight:
buddy: holy crap batman
buddy: I just dropped my laptop hard, and it didnt’ break
buddy: not even a scratch or dent
buddy: my heart stopped when I dropped it
buddy: then I thought: cool, I get to get a new one… then I thought “shit all my porn was on there” then I opened it, and it worked.
All of that was typed in about 30 seconds… LOL
- A Domain Name Worth Million – Bits – Technology – New York Times Blog
- paidContent.org: Answers.com To Acquire Lexico, Parent Of Dictionary.com, For $100 Million
- BeyondVC: Answers.com to acquire Dictionary.com for $100 million
congrats to my friend Daniel, the Co-Founder of Lexico.
- 40+ Tips to Improve your Grammar and Punctuation – Dumb Little Man
Just a quick note for all of your Feedburner users (I’m talking to site owners here). For two days now, Feedburner has been sporadically throwing errors… not actually redirecting people to the sites they want to go to:
Click for larger
Sucks for the site owners, and for me. This kind of thing is why I just don’t rely on any outside party, other than my hosting company, to host anything for my sites anymore… There’s nothing more frustrating than clicking a link in my RSS reader and getting an error…
- Hack the iPhone – Ringtone installation instructions
sweet – wonder how long it takes for Apple to C&D this…
- 10 US Laws Every Domainer Needs to Know
actually, every dot com should know these
- Macworld: Mac Word: The truth about iPhone battery lifespan
Apple estimates that the iPhone will lose 20 percent of its capacity — a darn sight less than 100 percent — “after 400 full charge and discharge cycles.”
- Five LinkedIN Tips – lifehack.org
- Copyright Explained: I May Copy It, Right?
- Ajaxian » iPhone Native Looking Skin
- Introducing templatemaker | Holovaty.com
Python Library for screenscraping
- Mike Davidson: Letting go of the Trumpets: A Week with the iPhone
- IPhone: Verizon’s musical airs – Valleywag
- IPhone: The Musical | New York Times Video
- TUAW Tips: iPhone Safari Navigation Tricks – The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW)
- atmaspheric | endeavors » Blog Archive » I’m loving the iPhone!
- My Mom Hand-Knit An iPhone — Daddy Types
- Top 25 Web Apps for iPhone – Rev2.org
- Canceling tmobile | A Whole Lotta Nothing
- The 18 Mistakes That Kill Startups
- The rantings of Clinton Forbes: 10 Pros & Cons of switching from Windows to Mac OS X
- Women’s Personal Finance.net: 46 Things I Wish My Mom Taught Me About Money
- Extremely Useful Macbook Freeware
- Lamy USA – Lamy Pens, Lamy Pencils, and Lamy Refills
best pens on the internet
- Memo for Bosses: 101 Ways to Prevent your Office from Hating You
- Quick Thumbnail: The fastest and most powerful way to resize images online
- How to lose your fear of being fired
- 18 Questions Your CEO Forgot to Ask When Building Your Website – Stuntdubl – SEO Consultant
- What is “Using WordPress as CMS”? | blogHelper
- Help, My Hard Drive is Full! – TechDigs.net
- I Will Teach You To Be Rich » 2 cool tricks to use: Your hourly rate and The Rule of 72
- bbum’s weblog-o-mat » Blog Archive » Vacuuming Mail’s Envelope Index to make Mail faster (and Aperture, too)
- Google AdSense: Facts, FAQs and Tools
- Writing serious Perl: The absolute minimum you need to know
- Canvas On Demand: Photo Art specialists. Your sentimental photo becomes canvas art.
totally cool for photographers (pro and amateur)
- Photo on Canvas
- Blog Law » 12 Important U.S. Laws Every Blogger Needs to Know
- 101 Ways to Annoy Your Co-workers » Jason Bartholme’s SEO Blog
- Frank Catalano: A call for moderation
great info if you’re going to moderate a panel of speakers
- Ask the CHO: How do you run a business without managers
- A History of Apple’s Operating Systems
needs updating to include OS X for iPhone
- Hiring and firing, fast and slow » Slacker Manager
- BillCaskey: Building Your Sales Funnel
- The Big Website "Don’t!" List | Google AdSense Wishlist
- Prepaid Phone Cards
- Thoughts on Growing Companies
- Histograms for Photography
- telekinesis – Google Code
totally cool way to control your Mac with your iPhone
- 20 Tricks to Nuke a Bad Habit | zen habits
- The iPhone Works Without AT&T Service | alexking.org
- Pretty URLs – a guide to URL rewriting
- iPhone Questions and Answers from Mossberg’s Mailbox – WSJ.com
- iPhone Innards
- Viral Video Chart – Soundwave: The Touch
- Accessories for iPhone Are Hitting Market; Some Are Worthwhile | Personal Technology | Walt Mossberg | AllThingsD
- Mac Rumors: 600,000 iPhone Activations with AT&T?
- MediaPost Publications – IPhoning It In – 07/05/2007
- ~stevenf: The Official stevenf iPhone Review
Steven Frank knows his mobile devices.
- Bloomberg.com: Apple May Have Sold 700,000 IPhones, Beating Estimate (Update7)
- The iPhone User Experience: A First Look
Tog’s first take on the iPhone
- Google Acquires GrandCentral Official Google Blog
I’m a current GrandCentral customer… If you want an invite, just let me know.
- Grow Your Pile Of Money
- 7 Things About Success That You Can Learn From Steve Jobs
- What Is The Best Type Of Company For You To Legally Set Up? » Write To Right
- Seven Ways to Improve Your Career While Commuting To Work – FinanceIsPersonal.com
- Do You Get Money?
- 5 Essentials For Kick Starting Your Business : FocusMinded.com
- How to Overcome the Biggest Obstacle to Your Success
- Buy Me a Drink! » The Self-Reliant Post
- 3 Reasons to Quit Your Job in order to Advance Your Career | Marc and Angel
- Terry White’s Tech Blog » iPhone Review
- Be Good: Consumerist’s 10 Commandments of Credit – Consumerist
- stevenberlinjohnson.com: How To Make The iPhone More Of A Phone
- Breaking…heh: iPhone Destruction, From Accidental to Premeditated – Gizmodo
- Apple creates iPhone-specific trailers site – The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW)
- AppleInsider | Apple planning host of iPhone updates before Leopard release: source
- iPhone First Impressions | alexking.org
- iphone hints – iphonehints.com | iphone hints – internet, phone, music + life hacks, tips and hints
- My Real iPhone Review
"…the damn thing is a wonder. It’s the niftiest piece of technology I’ve ever used or held. It truly feels like something dropped out of the future."
- Google vs Michael Moore
- Getting Going – Popular Advice You Shouldn’t Take – WSJ.com
good financial advice for twenty-somethings
- 30 Free eBooks To Learn Everything You Want to Know About Personal Finance » Mint | Free, Simple Personal Finance Software
- Seth’s Blog: Pushing and running
This is my first post from my iphone. Totally love this phone. Its not that hard to type with in landscape mode – you just have to learn to trust Apple’s smart retyper feature. Love it!
- Gallery: iPhone Take-apart
- The Best Barbeque – WSJ.com
great article on BBQ from the WSJ…
- YouTube – iPhone’s first scratch/crash test ever!
unbelieveable… no scratches.
- Daring Fireball: iPhone First Impressions
- iWood – Apple iPhone Wooden Case
- Quick iPhone review (kottke.org)
- Apple iPhone Cell Phone Review – Candy Bar – ATT – Carrier – Reviews – WirelessInfo.com – Cell Phone Reviews and Wireless Plan Ratings
- OMG! I Got An iPhone! | geeksugar – Technology, Gadgets, & How Tos.
- Roundup: All Eyes on iPhone – WSJ.com