Ugh, I’m so overwhelmed by things to do, I have to try writing it all down:
1. Prepare 8 proposals for clients by Monday evening. All proposals are in various states of disrepair at this point
2. Fly to a client on Tuesday (don’t remember when the flight is right now) and return on Wednesday evening, hopefully with a signed contract in hand.
3. Send iBook to Apple so they can replace the screen (or at least fix it somehow)
4. Set up old iMac at home in the office (just hung the cabinets on the wall) and figure out how to covertly string an ethernet cable across the house to that room (cable internet only comes into the house in one room, which isn’t the office). On second thought, I might consider moving the office and the guest bedroom so that the office is the one wired room in the house…
5. Fix weedeater sometime before the weekend and finish the yard (it’s mowed, but not edged).
6. Get rid of the extra couch and breakfast table that we have that doesn’t fit in the new house.
7. Figure out how to get one of my employees in a Powerpoint class ASAP, as she doesn’t know how to use it properly and ends up emailing 8MB PPT files that really don’t need to be any larger than 2MB.
8. Book our trip to St. Maarten in May (5 year anniversary) using free tickets on AA (hope they don’t file for bankruptcy) and a friend that runs a villa rental company there.
9. Make sure the boss doesn’t mind me taking a week off in May.
10. Figure out how I want to move forward with MarketingFix, our internet advertising aggregator and commentary site that I helped co-found and might be outgrowing my current availability (I haven’t posted to it in a month or so).
11. Find a CPA that can do my personal taxes and my S-Corp. taxes for last year, and that I’d like to use again.
12. Take a client I’ve never met to lunch so we can chat about the travel industry, as I understand it well enough (better than anyone else I work directly with), having worked in it for a year or two.
13. Figure out how to get advertising sales up during the war and post-war economy that we’re about to experience.
14. Make sure that the National Guard isn’t planning on calling me up, when we go to war.
15. Buy beer for a house-warming party we’re planning soon.
16. Clean the pool daily, as the oak trees are shedding copiously right now.
17. Figure out if the budget supports buying a new 1.4 GHz DP PowerMac G4 and 23″ Flat Panel (big ass) monitor. (sidebar: I got to borrow one of these setups from our Apple rep for the SXSW Tradeshow booth we set up last weekend and it’s fucking awesome in person… first time I’d played with one).
18. Remind self to call the wife and tell her to clean the pool Tuesday night when I’m out of town.
19. Explore the PC side of the Palm Essential Software CD I got with my Tungsten last week.
20. Finish those proposals that need to be done tomorrow.
That’s the short list…